Friday, July 09, 2004

Air conditioning

It is my mission in lfe to prove that air conditioning is just an effective transportation device for bacteria and all the shit that makes you ill.(oh shit thinks my dear readers shes got somthing else to moan about)
Allow me to explain,I work a office room which is part of a christ knows how many room floor spread in a "climate controlled" rentaroom orifice block,I have my own room with a porthole window facing onto a corridor so theres no chance of me encountering any natural light to distract me from my job.it has one entrance one exit (ie one door) and the four vents in the ceiling,one of which is directly above my desk.two of the vents blow,the other two suck.this provides the circulation of air (and airborn virus)through my office.now looking at the plan sheets (e-mailed to me by the owner)each office does not have an individual external air source,which basically means unless you are in one of the offices close to the edge of the building,the deceptively refreshing flow of cool air has probably been pumped in and out of twelve little office cubes before you get to breathe in its viral goodness.
so despite the fact that its rare for me to come into contact with another human being during my working day,by the time the so called "climate controll" hits my little box world of artificial light and buzz of curt the coke machine(another story entirley) its been breathed in and out,coughed and sneezed on,wafted round the nostrils of twenty fat noses belonging to middle age corporate dick lickers all of whom will have contributed their own unique biological ingredient to the contageous soup which will then go on to seep in through the cracks in the ceiling right over my very desk and gleefuly leap into action destroying my poor immune defences and stomping gleefully round my internal organs causing any number of shitty summer colds,flu,coughs,over production of mucus.you name it.in the four months Ive been sat underneath this harbringer of doom Ive caught it.And that my friends is why Ive now, (after a recent recovery from a serious throat infection) caught a minging summer flu bug that has rendered me completely usless for the next fuck knows how long.so long good month on commission.hello crap pay packet lemsip and strepsils.......again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is my virtual pet
it would eat your virtual pets
for its virtual fucking breakfast
adopt your own virtual pet!