Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Bogey Man on The Bus

Commuting in London can be at times a pretty traumatic experience, and I for one have had a number of unplesant encounters with societys odd balls from time to time, but today was most definitely, by a long way the most horrific of them all.
My bus journey lasts approximately 30 minutes, longer if the traffic is bad, which it inveriably is thanks to the eternal roadworks at Mill Hill.(estimated completion some time after the trillenium)
Today's bus was particuarly busy, so I was unfortunately forced to sit next to a fellow passanger. Usually I avoid this at all costs, but on this occassion I saw a relatively normal looking slightly overweight gent on the front seat and considering that he had no obvious lunatic tendencies (he wasnt chewing on a half eaten hedgehog, or waving a gun around) I hedged my bets and took a seat.
A few moments later I was dusturbed by a gentle repetetive prodding in my side, at first I studiously ignored it, as all good commuters ignore socially unacceptable behaviour from fellow passengers, I concentrated on my metro and gave it a reading it would never forget, but a few minutes late the prodding haddnt ceased, so after a small internal debate I tenatively glanced in the direction of the prodder.
It was only then the full extent of my error of judgment became apparent.
at first I tried sneaking the odd glance out of the corner of my eye, not sure I could trust what my brain was attempting to convince me I was seeing, but after a while my discrecsion was forgotten and I was openly gawping at the sequence of events unfolding beside me.(for those of you who are still wondering, yes at this point I am still being prodded in the ribs)
His forefinger was up his nostril to the middle joint, rooting and digging, every few seconds he would remove the finger, examine the nose produce attached to it and smile.
He would then slowly and deliberately roll it aroung between the thumb and forefinger un till it was quite spherical...and then...he reached to his belly and added the bogey to another larger spherical snot ball that was resting on his belly.
We arent talking a golf ball sized bogey construction, but this was impressive none the less, this ball of blacky green nose crap was at least this size of a b.b gun pellet.
My immediate reaction was disgust...shortly followed by awe...how long had he been building this ball of bogies?..had he produced all that during this short journey or does he carry this project with him and add to it at every oppertunity?
He picked his nose solidly for the whole bus journey..I had to move seats because my gag reflex kicked in on his behalf when he pulled out a long stringy cocktail of congealed stuff and luiquid mucus, and yet even from accross the bus I could still see this animal mining for construction resources and building on his sphere of snot. almost 40 minutes in I could not bear to watch any more, and the people sat near me were beggining to notice that I was making involuntary "hurp" and "burrrhg" noises as I tried to suppress my urge to vomit. I even attempted to video him picking his nose as I felt youtube would benefit from this input, but unfortunately the footage was shite becasue I was desperatley trying not to hurl, whats worse is I dont even know how this story ends, whether he took the gargantuan bogey with him,flicked it on the floor, or if he ever stopped picking his nose, as I had to get off the bus..this story has a happy ending though...all london busses have cctv....so all I have to do is claim an incident on that journey and I assume I can get a copy, and guess whos in front of the camera?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is my virtual pet
it would eat your virtual pets
for its virtual fucking breakfast
adopt your own virtual pet!