Saturday, June 24, 2006

To see Time Take You

To see time age you

When sunshine was my greatest joy, and all the world was new
The wonder found within a moment, was all inspired by you
You made the small things magical, you taught me how to find
The joy in all the simple things, I thought you good and kind
I sat by you and watched intently as you played your guitar,
You’d tell me how my pretty voice would soon make me a star
We’d play chess late into the night, always time for one more game
But time was passing by so fast, and things cant stay the same
We crossed swords as I grew older, you saw me go astray
I thought that I knew better, there was little you could say
You tried to guide me gently, you knew to draw the line
I fought against you caring, didn’t want to take my time
When the world crashed down around me, and I thought Id lost it all
It was then you were a rock for me, you helped me break my fall
Id lied and Id deceived you but you loved me all the same
Id pushed you back and shut you out time and time again
And yet you still forgave me, you helped me find my way
I never thought to thank you , I couldn’t find the words to say
Time passed and took away your strength, but still Id lean on you
And when time took your health away, I found the strength for two
I grew to see your frailties, and I cried for you each night
I watched you slip away from us, I willed you on to fight
Time seemed to gain momentum, and the days turned into years
And for a while it seemed to spare us any further tears
But now times taking you away, and you are growing weak
Your tired of trying hard to stand, of struggling to speak
I’ve seen you cry too many times, I’ve seen you in such pain
I want to take your hurt away, to make you strong again
I’ve seen you suffer bravely and I only hope you see
That though Ive never found the words,you are the world to me

1 Comments:

Blogger khemystri said...

Can I use this in a song???

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This is my virtual pet
it would eat your virtual pets
for its virtual fucking breakfast
adopt your own virtual pet!